What: Deep Roots Radio takes a quick look at recent legislative moves to keep us – the food consumers – in the dark. One of these has been popularly dubbed the DARK Act. In Congress it’s known as H.R. 1599. It passed in the US House of Representatives in July. The other is about the June move by the House to repeal COOL – Country-of-origin-labelling.
When: Aug. 8, 2105, 9:00-9:30AM Central
Where: Broadcast and streamed live from the studios of WPCA Radio, 93.1FM, and www.wpcaradio.org
Here are links about the Dark Act:
– About the act – http://www.justlabelit.org/dark-act/
– What corporations lobbied for it – http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/billsum.php?id=hr4432-113
– Who voted for it –https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/114-2015/h462
– The basics: http://www.ams.usda.gov/rules-regulations/consumer-questions-answers-country-origin-labeling
– Wall Street Journal article about House vote to repeal COOL, http://www.wsj.com/articles/house-votes-to-remove-country-of-origin-labels-on-meat-sold-in-u-s-1433990294
I hope you’ll listen in.