About the classes
– Fee: $45.75/student (Buy your spot online or email me and reserve with a check)
– Classes will have a minimum of 4* and maximum of 6 students (so that everyone can get up to their elbows in flour!)
– Each class includes bottomless-cups of tea, coffee or hot cocoa, sampling, and light lunch
– Bring an apron
– Classes are taught in the Bull Brook Keep farm teaching kitchen. You’ll probably see the cows wander by!
See the schedule below. Additional classes will be posted for January and February. Check back for those schedules.
You can also arrange private sessions for family and friends. Just contact Sylvia, 651-238-8525, email@example.com.
*Please note: Classes must have a minimum of 4 students to be held. Please help promote your class to make sure we meet the minimum! Thanks.
Baking with Poolish
Poolish is a yeasty batter that serves as the rising agent in ciabatta, focaccia, pizza, and more. In this class, you’ll
> Mix a basic poolish batter
> Mix dough
> Shape bread
> Bake bread (at least two variations)
– Oct. 21, 11:00AM to 4:00PM
– Dec. 2, 11:00AM to 4:00PM
Use the following buttons to purchase 1 or more class spots.
Making artisan French sourdough isn’t rocket science, but it helps to get hands-on experience. In this class, we’ll review strategies for using hydration (the amount of water in the dough) and temperature to help you create these crusty loaves in your home oven. We’ll also see how a basic dough can be used for a variety of finished loaves.
In this class, you will:
> See and smell the fresh aroma of an active sourdough starter able to raise your dough
> Mix dough
> Shape and slash loaves
> Bake loaves
– October 28, 11:00AM – 4:00PM
– November 1, 11:00AM – 4:00PM
– December 9, 11:00AM – 4:00PM