About the classes
– Fee: $45.75/student (Reserve your spot online or email me and reserve with a check)
– Classes will have a minimum of 4* and maximum of 6 students (so that everyone can get up to their elbows in flour!)
– Each class includes bottomless-cups of tea, coffee or hot cocoa, sampling, and light lunch
– Bring an apron
– Classes are taught in the Bull Brook Keep farm teaching kitchen. You’ll probably see the cows wander by!
See the schedule below. Want private lessons for family and friends? Contact me, Sylvia, 651-238-8525, email@example.com.
*Please note: Classes must have a minimum of 4 students to be held. Please help promote your class to make sure we meet the minimum! Thanks. (About refunds/cancellations, see bottom of page.)
Baking with Poolish
Poolish is a yeasty batter that serves as the rising agent in ciabatta, focaccia, pizza, and more. In this class, you’ll
> Mix a basic poolish batter
> Mix dough
> Shape bread
> Bake bread (at least two variations)
– Feb. 3, 12:00PM-4:30PM
– March 17, 12:00PM – 4:30PM
Making artisan French sourdough isn’t rocket science, but it helps to get hands-on experience. In this class, we’ll review strategies for using hydration (the amount of water in the dough) and temperature to help you create these crusty loaves in your home oven. We’ll also see how a basic dough can be used for a variety of finished loaves.
In this class, you will:
> See and smell the fresh aroma of an active sourdough starter able to raise your dough
> Mix dough
> Shape and slash loaves
> Bake loaves
– Feb. 17, 11:00AM – 3:30PM
– March 3, 12:00PM – 4:30PM
*About refunds and cancellations: If I cancel a class because of too few registrations, you can shift your registration to a future class, or request a refund. If you decide to cancel your registration, please note that a refund will be made only up to one month before a class.